Learn to use the text input system in WatchKit. Present the text control with quick response buttons, write a closure to use input text in your application, and learn how to set up your watch for speech recognition.
- [Narrator] watchOS has a wide variety of controls…you can use on a watch face.…Since fitting a keyboard on the watch was a little silly,…Apple came up with a fantastic way of inputting text…into the Apple watch.…Actually, more than one way.…You can dictate, use emoji, scribble letters,…or used canned answers.…In this video I'll show you how to get text input…into your application.…You'll find a starter project in the exercises folder.…I added three controls here.…Two labels and a green button with bottom alignment.…
If you close the attribute inspector…and open the assistant editor,…you'll find I added to the See Your text here label…with an outlet name label.…The button title Text has an action addText connected to it.…Text controls are all in code,…and we'll be doing everything in this addText action.…Close up the assistant editor.…In the extension, go to the InterfaceController.swift file.…Text input is it's own controller you present…using a modal controller.…
Typ in P R E,…you present them with this presentTextInputController method…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.