Use a watchOS 3 segue-based navigation interface to scroll between detail in a table without returning to the table. Review the use of contexts from Chapter 4.
- [Instructor] You can now scroll through a table…and select an item.…Tables can also be a form of navigation.…A table row is often too small for interaction or detail.…You can navigate to a new interface controller…that gives you more room to design…a bigger, proper interface.…In this lesson, we'll add navigation to our current project.…Go ahead and close the app.…Go back to the storyboard.…
And get a new interface controller and drag it out.…You may want to zoom down a little…so you can see what you're doing.…Now get two labels.…And drag them onto your new interface.…Call the first one Flavor,…and the second one Type.…So we'll put our ice cream flavor and type on these guys.…Now go ahead and press Command N,…and get a new interface controller,…Watch OS Watchkits Class,…WK Interface Controller,…and name this Detail Interface Controller.…
Set it to the extension.…And create.…With that in place,…head back to the storyboard.…Select the interface controller from our new one.…Head over to the Custom class in the Identity Inspector,…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.