In this video, begin creating a simple watch application. Learn how to start an Apple Watch Xcode 8 project. Learn about where you can find the phone app, extension, and watch app in the navigator. Also learn to open up Interface Builder, learning how to switch between the two sizes in the storyboard.
- [Instructor] Working in watchOs and Xcode…is different than working in iOS and Xcode.…There's a few wrinkles you'll need to be aware of.…Let's put together a simple,…classic hello world application.…Just to make it a bit more fun,…this application will be a hello pizza application.…Open Xcode and start a new project.…Select the watchOs tab…and select iOS App with WatchKit App.…Click Next.…Name the project HelloPizza.…Select the team, organization name…and organization identifier as you would…for any other Xcode project.…
Make sure the language is Swift…and click off the Include Notification Scene,…and make sure the rest of the checks are off.…We will not be using notifications or complications…in this course or will we be using tests.…You can learn more about the Apple Watch notification…in the Apple Watch Notifications course.…Click Next,…and save your file somewhere.…You'll notice on the side three folders.…
HelloPizza, HelloPizza WatchKit App,…and HelloPizza WatchKit Extension.…They should all be open.…If they're not, open them up.…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.