Create a project with a single-row controller. Set the table in the interface builder, add a RowController, and build a method to populate the table.
- [Instructor] For this lesson I'll make a table…listing different ice creams like we did…for the picker.…Create a new iOS app with Watchkit App project,…call it WKIceCreamTable.…Turn off notifications,…use the language Swift,…and set your team organization name…and identifier correctly.…Save it on your desktop or wherever…you would like to save it,…close up the iOS App,…and hit Command+N on your keyboard.…
Instead of cells in iOS,…watchOS has rows.…A row needs its own controller,…and they are very easy to make.…Select a WatchKit class,…and use subclass of NSObject,…and set the class name to RowController.…Hit Next.…Make sure your group…and target is set to the extension,…and hit Create.…You have a completely blank class here,…which we'll come back to in a minute.…
Let's go back to Interface storyboard,…and the object filter type table.…Drag the table to the interface,…you'll notice the control looks a lot…like a group with the words table row in it.…In the document outline,…find the table RowController.…Go to the identity inspector…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.