Pre-launch the simulator and prepare it by selecting the correct one and resizing for optimal use.
- [Narrator] You've added the action codes…to send text to a label.…Before you run your first app,…there's a few preparation steps.…Before running a watch app for the first time,…set Xcode to use the correct simulator.…The simulator defaults to an iPhone app only…and not the watch.…Click on the schemes button in the Xcode toolbar.…You'll see HelloPizza which runs just the iPhone app.…You want the selection under it,…the HelloPizza Watchkit app.…Dragging your cursor over the Watchkit app,…you'll find a second set of simulator targets…for the Watchkit app.…
Xcode comes packaged with Series 2 and Series 3…watch simulators.…You have control over which simulators you want paired…with which phone using the add additional simulators.…I'll use the iPhone 8 Plus and the Apple Watch…Series 3 42mm which is already here in the default.…The last preparation step is a hold over…from previous versions.…The watch simulator, before Xcode nine,…tended to be a little cranky…which I'll talk about more in a later video.…
This version is completely rebuilt…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.