Continuing your exploration of groups, learn about the three grouping modes, and a few ways where groups solve layout problems.
- [Instructor] So far you've used groups…in the simplest case, a horizontal group.…Groups can get more complex,…and use two more alignment strategies,…vertical and overlay.…Use the vertical group often when nesting groups.…Add another group.…Align the group vertically to bottom.…Change the groups background color in attributes to orange…and get rid of the selector.…
Drag the dessert label into the group.…Labels do not have backgrounds in watch OS,…so if you want a background for a label,…use a group to do it.…Select the group with the cake and strawberry label…in the document outline,…drag it into the new group.…The dessert label disappears.…We are in a horizontal layout,…and the group pushes the label off the view.…You can change the group to a vertical layout.…Select the parent group and at the very top,…you'll see layout horizontal,…select vertical instead.…
Everything appears again.…When you have nested groups,…you may be stacking your groups vertically.…With these nested groups,…the cake button is a little harder to see.…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.