If you have watchOS apps that fail to load correctly in the watchOS simulator, cleaning your project and resetting both the watchOS and iOS simulators can help resolve those issues.
- [Narrator] Simulators have overhead.…Especially with the Apple Watch simulator,…it's a good idea to clean it out occasionally.…While the Xcode 9 Simulator is entirely different…than earlier versions, you might get…some strange errors in the watch simulator…that don't make sense sometimes.…There's a few things I tend to do…when strange errors happen, especially storyboard errors.…The first solution is cleaning (mumbles) project,…like we did in the storyboard.…Select Xcode again and hit Command + Shift K,…or go to the menu to Product, Clean.…
If the app is running like it is now,…it'll ask you if you want it to stop.…Stop the app.…The second thing you can do is restart the simulators.…Try to do this when the simulators are not running any apps.…Go back to the simulators, select the watch simulator…by clicking on it, then the Hardware menu.…Select Restart.…The watch will go through a reboot.…The last one, one I strongly suggest periodically…to save your memory on a Mac's hard drive…and make your simulator work efficiently,…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.