Learn how to use the audio player for high-quality audio. Also learn about the wrappers and classes necessary for audio, while discovering some of the limitations in playing audio.
- [Instructor] You can use the movie players to play movies,…but you might want an audio player sending music…to your Bluetooth headset.…Watch OS has one more way to play audio only.…It's slightly more complicated than the movie players,…but it is completely programmatic.…We'll add to our second page a music player…for the Pizza Blues.…Go ahead an stop the app, and go to the storyboard.…
Drag a button above the movie player on the second page,…and title it Music.…Also title the one on the bottom Movies,…so you don't get them confused.…Open the Assistant Editor, ctrl + drag from music,…and make a new action…called PlayPauseMusic.…
And connect it.…Close the Assistant Editor,…and head over to the inline interface controller,…and into PlayPauseMusic.…WKAudioFilePlayer uses more than just a URL…to identify audio content like we did with the movies.…It uses a WKAudioFile player item.…That in turn requires a WKAudioFileAsset.…
The asset can come from a URL, which we know how to do…from our movies.…Let's add this to the code.…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.