Begin extending applications beyond one interface. Create more interface controllers on the storyboard and WKInterfaceControllers in the extension. Learn how to properly save interface controllers, and add controls, outlets, and actions to the new controller. Connect the storyboard to the new code.
- [Instructor] Even on the watch, most interfaces are not…a single interface, but several.…It's a good style to move controls to multiple interfaces…to cut down on clutter and make all controls visible.…In this chapter, I'll show you how to use and connect…multiple interface controllers together.…To start, I'll add several interface controllers…I'll connect later.…Go ahead and close the current project.…Stop the simulator.…Close, hit file, new, project,…pick an IOS App with Watchkit App,…and we'll make this product name WKNavigation,…use your team organization name and organization identifier,…make the language Swift, turn off the notification scene,…hit next.…
I'm going to save this directly to the desktop this time.…Let's go over the WatchkitApp storyboard.…And I'm going to drag two buttons.…Make the first button titled two, double click,…and make the second button titled three.…This is going to be our root interface controller,…which we're going to call one.…
Click the view here or the icon up here and over in the…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.