Expanding your mastery of Interface Builder, use groups to make horizontal layouts. Learn how to easily select a group, and what you can and can not format with a group.
- [Instructor] In the storyboard I have loaded here,…notice the pizza and the pasta buttons.…They look like they would fit…next to each other horizontally.…Except that stacking is only vertical,…not horizontal.…That is what groups are for.…In this lesson, we'll add some groups…while using the skills on alignment and sizing.…We'll take the buttons and labels we have now…and use them as an ordering app for dinner.…If you type GR in the filter for the object library,…you see the group object.…
Groups manage the layout of other objects.…Drag a group onto the storyboard.…I'll use this to put our entrees pizza and pasta…on the same line.…No matter where you put it,…it pops at the top…since the group's default vertical alignment is top.…Since the pizza and pasta buttons…are in the center vertical alignment,…change the group's vertical alignment to center.…Drag the pizza item into the group.…The group outline disappears.…
Drag pasta next to pizza.…You'll see a horizontal…instead of a vertical insertion point.…Release the mouse button.…
- Principles of watchOS development
- Adding buttons and labels to your app
- Connecting objects to code
- Testing a watchOS app
- Laying out WatchKit UI objects
- Adding navigation
- Using Interface Library elements such as inputs, pickers, and media players
- Creating tables
- Working with table data
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Firebase for iOS: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 4m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. A Look at the Apple Watch App
2. Building Your First Apple Watch App
3. Working with UI in watchOS
5. Interface Library
6. Tables and Scrolling
Next steps1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.