Learn about the 6.5 version of the same Flash-based web client—which really isn't that much better than the previous web clients.
- [Narrator] Now we're back in the Host Client in…the Hands On Lab Environment, but what I want to do now…is open up a Web Client.…So from the Hands On Lab Environment, I'm going to click on…regionA vCenter here, which is one of the Web Clients,…and I'm going to login with firstname.lastname@example.org…because in this case I'm logging on to the vCenter…and not the host itself.…So email@example.com is the logon for the vCenter.…
And then I'm going to type in the password.…Our favorite password capital V capital M ware1 bang.…The very first time that you logon to the Web Client…it will take a minute or two for it to come up…we're speeding this up from the magic of video,…but count on it that if it's just been…a new installed system that it could take a minute for…the web client to come up.…Now I said this is the new web client for 6.5…and it is, but you may look at it and say it doesn't look…any different than the one from 6.0…and it's really not that much different.…
It's a flatter appearance,…it has quicker refresh,…
- New host, web, and vSphere clients
- Configuration maximums
- Security enhancements such as VM encryption
- Kernel and host profile enhancements
- vSAN 6.5
- Configuring Network I/O Control v3
- vCenter High Availability
- Predictive DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Administer and Manage Resourceswith Rick Crisci1h 21m Intermediate
1. Three New Clients
2. New Configuration Maximums
3. Security Enhancements
4. Compute Enhancements
5. Storage Enhancements
6. Network Enhancements
7. Manageability Enhancements
8. Availability Enhancements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.