Join Brandon Neill for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networking.
- [Voiceover] This course is intended for both new VMware administrators and experienced administrators that want to get a more in-depth understanding of vSphere networking. In this course, I'll be using a demo lab environment built using my Up and Running with VMware vSphere course. For further practice, you can follow that course to build your own lab environment, or you can use VMware's online hands-on lab environment at labs.hol.vmware.com A basic understanding of networking concepts is helpful for this course, however, I'll cover most of the information that you'll need.
- Overview of the vSphere networking basics
- Connecting ESXi networking components
- Creating a vSwitch
- Configuring VLANs, security, and traffic shaping
- Getting network performance data
- Configuring VMkernel networks and firewalls
- Managing VMkernel routing and TCP/IP stacks