Join Brandon Neill for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDS.
- [Voiceover] For this course, you'll need an intermediate level of vSphere administration experience. I assume that you know how to install vCenter Server, add and manage hosts, and configure basic vCenter Networking using a standard switch. A basic understanding of physical network administration will be helpful in understanding all of the topics covered in this course. For a lab environment of your own, you can build one using my Up and Running with vSphere 6.0 Using AutoLab course or you can use VMware hands-on labs at labs.hol.vmware.com.
- Overview of the vSphere Distributed Switch architecture
- Creating a vSphere Distributed Switch
- Configuring a distributed switch
- Managing distributed switch traffic
- Managing VDS health and recovery options
- Monitoring VDS traffic