Find out what's new in vSphere 6.5, the VMware virtual data center. Learn about the three new clients, configuration maximums, security enhancements, vCenter High Availability, and more.
- [Instructor] Welcome to this course focusing on new features on vSphere 6.5. I'm Bill Ferguson and I'm looking forward to sharing these important concepts with you. The main topics that I'll cover are the three new clients that you can use in vSphere 6.5, new configuration maximums, security enhancements such as virtual machine encryption, compute enhancement provided by Virtual Hardware 13, storage enhancement such as the newest file system VMFS6, network enhancements such as bandwidth, admission control, managed building enhancements provided by the Platform Services Controller, and finally, availability enhancements including new and amazing features for HA and DRS clusters.
So as you can see, we've got a lot to cover. Let's get started.
- New host, web, and vSphere clients
- Configuration maximums
- Security enhancements such as VM encryption
- Kernel and host profile enhancements
- vSAN 6.5
- Configuring Network I/O Control v3
- vCenter High Availability
- Predictive DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Administer and Manage Resourceswith Rick Crisci1h 21m Intermediate
1. Three New Clients
2. New Configuration Maximums
3. Security Enhancements
4. Compute Enhancements
5. Storage Enhancements
6. Network Enhancements
7. Manageability Enhancements
8. Availability Enhancements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.