This video provides a demonstration showing Storage vMotion of a VM from a VMFS5 datastore to a VMFS6 datastore.
- [Instructor] Okay, so we're back…on the hands-on labs,…and we're on the vSphere web client,…and we're going to pull a little trickery here…on the hands-on lab environment…to demonstrate a migration of a virtual machine…from VMFS version five, to VMFS version six.…And you can do this as well.…So as you can see, this HTML5 app virtual machine,…if I take a look at the datastore…that it's associated with…by clicking on datastores up here.…
You can see that it's on…a VMFS version five datastore…that's associated with vcsa-01a.corp.local.…Now, I looked at the storage options…in this region A01 under VCSA 01A,…and we don't have any other storage options.…But I could create a VMFS six datastore.…So, I look down here at region B01,…and we do have a datastore down here…that's already created,…but, if we take a look at it,…if I look at this host and look at its datastores,…you can see that…it's also a VMFS version five datastore…that's associated with this host.…
But guess what?…We don't really need that.…So what I'm going to do is go to storage view,…
- New host, web, and vSphere clients
- Configuration maximums
- Security enhancements such as VM encryption
- Kernel and host profile enhancements
- vSAN 6.5
- Configuring Network I/O Control v3
- vCenter High Availability
- Predictive DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Administer and Manage Resourceswith Rick Crisci1h 16m Intermediate
1. Three New Clients
2. New Configuration Maximums
3. Security Enhancements
4. Compute Enhancements
5. Storage Enhancements
6. Network Enhancements
7. Manageability Enhancements
8. Availability Enhancements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.