Learn how to attach a baseline to a group of hosts. Scan the hosts, find missing updates, and apply the changes through remediation. Reboot and place hosts in maintenance mode as required.
- [Narrator] In this video, … we'll take a look at how to use Update Manager … to do things like patch ESXi hosts and virtual machines. … So in the last video, … we went through the process of configurating … all of the global settings for Update Manager. … So, now we're ready to go ahead … and start establishing some baselines. … So let's take a look here. … We've got a couple of pre-defined baselines … that are already created. … Critical Host Patches and Noncritical Host Patches. … And what a baseline is, … is essentially a collection of software. … So, if I want to I can create a new baseline. … I'm just going to call this one "Demo Baseline". … And for the exam, … one of the key things that you need to be familiar with … is the different baseline types. … So the first baseline type is a Host Patch. … That's exactly what is sounds like. … We're applying patches to ESXi hosts. … The second baseline type is a Host Extension baseline. … This is for installing new VIBS on ESXi hosts. …
- Using VMware clients for vSphere 6.5
- Configuring settings using Update Manager
- Installing and updating VMware Tools
- Updating virtual machines
- Upgrading ESXi
- Upgrading Windows vCenter