Learn how to upgrade an ESXi host using the DCUI. Configure the necessary BIOS settings to boot from the installation media. Upgrade the existing installation without overwriting VMFS datastores.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll demonstrate … how to do an interactive upgrade of an ESXi host … from ESXi 6 to ESXi 6.5. … What I'm going to start out by doing … is just hitting F12 and putting in my credentials. … I want to go ahead and reboot this ESXi host. … I don't have any BMs running as of right now, … so I'll just hit F11 to force this ESXi host to reboot. … After hitting F11, my host reboot is in progress … and it's going to boot from the CD drive of this host … into the ESXi installation media. … Here I am in the bios of my ESXi host. … And I'm just going to make sure … that it's set up to boot from the CD drive, … because that's where I've placed my ESXi installation media. … So I'll just go ahead and hit F10 here to save and exit … and the host will continue to boot from the CD drive. … Here we are at the initial screen … for our ESXi installation media. … And as you can see it timed out in about five seconds there. … And now it's booting from the ESXi installer. … And now it's simply loading up all of the data …
- Using VMware clients for vSphere 6.5
- Configuring settings using Update Manager
- Installing and updating VMware Tools
- Updating virtual machines
- Upgrading ESXi
- Upgrading Windows vCenter