Update VMware Tools on a single VM. Then learn how to perform a mass upgrade of VMware Tools using Update Manager.
- [Instructor] In this video, … I'll demonstrate how to upgrade VMware tools … on a virtual machine using Update Manager. … And here we see this Windows VM. … Now, if I want to, I can go to Edit Settings … on this virtual machine, … and I can upgrade VMware tools. … I can also configure this virtual machine … so that when it reboots, it automatically checks … for the latest version of VMware tools, … and so under VM Options, … there's options specifically for VMware tools, … and I could choose this option … to have it automatically check and upgrade VMware tools … every time it powers on. … So that'll ensure that my virtual machine … is always kept at the latest version of VMware tools, … but I'm not going to do that. … I'm going to update it with Update Manager. … And so before I even begin that process, … I'm going to go to the Admin View of Update Manager … and I'm going to make sure that I have … the absolute latest updates for everything … on this version of Update Manager. … So if I go to my Download Settings, …
- Using VMware clients for vSphere 6.5
- Configuring settings using Update Manager
- Installing and updating VMware Tools
- Updating virtual machines
- Upgrading ESXi
- Upgrading Windows vCenter