Learn how you can use Update Manager to perform patches and upgrade and install new extensions. Understand concepts including baseline types, attaching objects, scanning, and remediation. Understand how Update Manager and DRS work together.
- [Rick] In this video we'll learn how Update Manager … can be used to perform functions like installing patches, … upgrading ESXi hosts to new versions, … and updating VMware tools, and virtual hardware versions … on virtual machines. … So let's take a look at Update Manager in action. … Here we see our vCenter Server Appliance … and we've got Update Manager running … bundled right within that vCenter Server Appliance. … And on the left we see our vCenter Inventory. … We've got groups of ESXi hosts in a cluster. … We've got virtual machines. … These are the things that we need … to use Update Manager to update. … And we have a download source. … So the download source is … where are these patches coming from? … Like of example, let's assume that … we have a dynamic baseline. … And by the way, Update Manager comes … with some dynamic baselines built right now. … Critical host updates for example. … In order to get those critical host updates, … Update Manager needs to reach out … to some sort of download source. …
- Using VMware clients for vSphere 6.5
- Configuring settings using Update Manager
- Installing and updating VMware Tools
- Updating virtual machines
- Upgrading ESXi
- Upgrading Windows vCenter