Learn about a new tool that can anticipate a possible host failure and take evasive action that causes DRS to move VMs off of a host that's about to fail, before it fails.
- [Narrator] And the coolest of the new features…in vSphere 6.5 is proactive HA.…I used to have a trick question…that I asked my class members.…The question was what does vSphere HA…have to do with vSphere VMotion.…You may be thinking that the real answer…to that is absolutely nothing.…Because vSphere HA is the automatic restart…of virtual machines around a host…and the host failed.…
VMotion is migrating virtual machines…from one host to another without…any disruption to the user.…HA has really nothing to do with VMotion.…Until now, with Proactive HA…what happens is we don't wait…for a host to completely fail.…If there is any indication that…the host is in danger of failing…we take action before the host gets…a chance to fail.…
What happens is when degradation is noticed…by the hardware vendor, then the system…tells DRS to use VMotion to migrate…the virtual machines off of the host…before the host fails.…It's like ESP, extrasensory perception.…It requires third-party software and support…because we're doing hardware monitoring…
- New host, web, and vSphere clients
- Configuration maximums
- Security enhancements such as VM encryption
- Kernel and host profile enhancements
- vSAN 6.5
- Configuring Network I/O Control v3
- vCenter High Availability
- Predictive DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Administer and Manage Resourceswith Rick Crisci1h 21m Intermediate
1. Three New Clients
2. New Configuration Maximums
3. Security Enhancements
4. Compute Enhancements
5. Storage Enhancements
6. Network Enhancements
7. Manageability Enhancements
8. Availability Enhancements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.