Join Rick Crisci for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Administer and Manage VMware vSphere Resources.
- Thanks for watching this course.…For more hands on experience,…sign up for VMware's free hands on labs…at hol.vmware.com.…VMware also provides an in depth look…at many of the topics that we covered…in the vSphere 6 Security Guide.…One final resource,…if you happen to be taking this course…to prep for certification,…you can find complete practice tests…at trainertests.com.…Thanks again for watching,…and be sure to check out my other courses.…
VMware Certified Instructor Rick Crisci provides an overview of vSphere resource controls—shares, limits, and reservations—and their impact on performance and VSWP file size. Rick explains exactly what happens when virtual machines compete for resources, the role of swap files, and how resource controls help automate allocation.
In chapter 2, Rick shows how to manage performance with resource pools, including child pools. He explains the impact a reservation has on resource pools, and includes a demo on creating and configuring a resource pool. Chapter 3 is an overview of the vFlash architecture for leveraging SSD resources. Watch this chapter to learn how to configure vFlash reservations and to assign a reservation to a VM.
Note: This course maps to the Administer and Manage vSphere 6.x Resources domain of the vSphere Certified Professional 6—Data Center Virtualization (VCP6DCV) exam.
- Allocating memory and CPU
- Using ESXTOP
- Configuring reservations, limits, and shares
- Managing performance with resource pools
- Creating child and tiered resource pools
- Leveraging SSD resources with vFlash
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Virtualization Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry2h 51m Beginner
1. Manage Resources with Shares, Limits, and Reservations
2. Manage Performance with Resource Pools
3. Leverage SSD Resources with vFlash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.