Learn to install VMware Tools on a VM. Configure automatic updates of VMware tools for VMs. Understand features that are possible when VMware Tools is installed.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll take a moment … to explain VMware Tools and why it's so important, … and some of the reasons why you want to make sure … that it's running on every virtual machine … that you can possibly run it on. … Now before we get into some … of the specific features that VMware Tools provides, … let's take a quick look at how you can install … VMware Tools on your virtual machines. … So there's a couple ways that you can go about this. … And there's also a couple ways … that you can ensure that VMware Tools … is kept consistently updated. … My personal favorite way to do this … is to just allow VMware Tools … to automatically update every time … you reboot a virtual machine. … So for example, here we see … a virtual machine called RickCrisciDB. … If I want to, I can right click this virtual machine … and there's a number of options here. … I'm going to go to Edit Settings … and under Edit Settings, … what I can do is I can choose to allow VMware Tools … to automatically update upon reboot. …
- Using VMware clients for vSphere 6.5
- Configuring settings using Update Manager
- Installing and updating VMware Tools
- Updating virtual machines
- Upgrading ESXi
- Upgrading Windows vCenter