Learn about IPv6 configuration and a new feature in vSphere 6.5 designed to simplify the configuration of multiple gateways on an ESXi host.
- [Instructor] While we're discussing network enhancements,…there's a couple of things I just want to mention…in regards to configuration.…The first thing is that you can actually…use IPv6 if you want to.…I always joke about this in my classes…and ask people if they're actually using IPv6,…because everybody was supposing to be using it…by the year 2010.…And they usually say, well, we're using it some in the Core,…but we're not using it that much, and I can understand that.…But as companies continue to evolve into that…and decide to use IPv6 more and more,…you can now use IPv6 to configure ESXi hosts…and vCenter Servers in pure IPv6 environments.…
You should also use the fully qualified…domain name with that.…Now, there are exceptions to this.…There are some features that are not supported with IPv6…in your vSphere environment as of yet.…These include vSphere Auto Deploy,…vSphere Virtual Volumes,…vCenter Server Appliance on Active Directory,…ESXi on Active Directory,…and NFS 4.1 with Kerberos.…So, I'm rather sure that,…
- New host, web, and vSphere clients
- Configuration maximums
- Security enhancements such as VM encryption
- Kernel and host profile enhancements
- vSAN 6.5
- Configuring Network I/O Control v3
- vCenter High Availability
- Predictive DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Administer and Manage Resourceswith Rick Crisci1h 21m Intermediate
1. Three New Clients
2. New Configuration Maximums
3. Security Enhancements
4. Compute Enhancements
5. Storage Enhancements
6. Network Enhancements
7. Manageability Enhancements
8. Availability Enhancements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.