Learn how to use the VMware VCP6-DCV exam blueprint to identify knowledge gaps and target key areas to focus on.
- [Instructor] In this video I'll demonstrate the VMware VCP data center virtualization exam blueprint. The VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization Exam Blueprint can be found on the VMware website and it has a number of pertinent details about the certification tests including how long the test is. How many questions. What the passing score is and the exam price. You can also use this area of the web page to register for the exam or manage your VMware certifications.
But at this moment I want to focus more on the actual exam blueprint itself. So here we see the topics that are going to be covered on the VCP exam. You'll notice that it's broken down into ten sections and within each section there are a number of objectives. Let's take a look at section one for example. In this section we have three objectives. Objective 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3. And within each objective there are a number of knowledge points that you have to be familiar with. So for this particular objective we need to know about role based access control.
We need to know how to set up assignments of permissions, how to add and modify and remove permissions. How to clone roles. And so here you can see the exam blueprint really clearly breaks down exactly what knowledge you need to have and then below it there's a list of tools that you can use to gain that knowledge. Now these tools are often very general. Like right here we see the vSphere Installation and Setup Guide. Well there's a lot of information in that guide and not all of it is specifically related to role based access control.
Let's go ahead an collapse this section. And here you can see all ten of the sections that are covered on the exam. Now also included on the exam blueprint are some preparation tools. If we click on how to prepare we can see the live training that VMware recommends. We can also see that there's a practice exam here. And under additional resources we can see some tools that you could potentially use to help prepare for the exam. So now that we've seen the different areas of the exam blueprint let's focus again on section one.
Section one is the configure and administer vSphere 6.x Security section. And we have these objectives that are part of the section. Now if we take a moment to go to our learning library we can scroll through some of the courses that are available. And you'll notice that we have a course called VMware vSphere Configure and Administer Security. And this course includes the same type of sections that are referenced on the exam blueprint. So as we continue to go through this course what I'll do is I'll bring you through sections of the exam blueprint and then I will align them back to the videos in our learning library.
- Certification prerequisites
- Strategies for success
- Certification paths
- Deploying and consolidating a vSphere data center
- Configuring and administering advanced vSphere 6.x storage
- Upgrading a vSphere deployment to 6.x
- Configuring and administering vSphere 6.x security