Learn about the overall ESXi upgrade process, and how to perform upgrades using the GUI, scripted upgrades, ESXCLI commands, Auto Deploy, and Update Manager. Understand the proper sequence in which to upgrade VMware solutions.
- [Rick] In this video, … I'll talk about the different ESXi upgrade methods … that you have available to you. … And if you're planning on taking your VCP exam, … you want to basically have these upgrade methods memorized. … You want to know which options you have available to you … and some of the basic elements … of each of these upgrade methods. … So let's take a look at the documentation. … So, here I am at docs.vmware.com, … that's D-O-C-S dot VMware dot com. … Great documentation here. … We can choose between the different vSphere versions. … So, as you can see, there are … a few different upgrade methods shown here. … We've got the interactive upgrade, … the scripted upgrade, ESXCLI, … Auto Deploy, and Update Manager. … And if we switch to vSphere 6.7, … you're not going to see any huge changes here, … same upgrade methods listed. … We can either do interactive, scripted, … ESXCLI, Auto Deploy, or Update Manager. … So no major differences here between vSphere 6.5 … and vSphere 6.7. …
- Using VMware clients for vSphere 6.5
- Configuring settings using Update Manager
- Installing and updating VMware Tools
- Updating virtual machines
- Upgrading ESXi
- Upgrading Windows vCenter