Join Rick Crisci for an in-depth discussion in this video ESXi management agents, part of VMware vSphere 6.5 Essential Training Part 2.
- [Narrator] In this video, we'll talk about…troubleshooting common installation issues…with ESXi and vCenter.…Okay, so when we're installing ESXi,…we have a few different options of ways…that we can actually perform the installation.…We can do an interactive installation.…This is probably the most common way…that people install ESXi for the first time,…where basically you have the ESXi installation media.…
You boot up a host from, let's say, a DVD…and you go through all the prompts…and you manually install ESXi.…That's definitely the most common option.…If you're having problems there,…make sure that you've got the boot order…in your BIOS selected correctly, right,…so that the ESXi host will actually boot…from the media that you're using to install ESXi.…That's a pretty straightforward one.…You can also install ESXi from USB devices.…
You can install ESXi using a scripted installation,…where you write your own script…to control the installation of ESXi…from some sort of image repository.…Or you can use Auto-Deploy.…
- Configuring vMotion and Storage vMotion
- vSphere High Availability (HA)
- Setting DRS rules and automation levels
- Fault tolerance
- DRS data protection
- Troubleshooting vSphere
- Monitoring vSphere
Skill Level Beginner
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMWare vSphere 6.5 New Featureswith Bill Ferguson2h 17m Intermediate
1. Administer Availability
2. Administer Resource Management Features
3. Troubleshooting vSphere 6.x
4. Monitoring vSphere 6.x
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.