Join Rick Crisci for an in-depth discussion in this video DRS affinity rules, part of VMware vSphere 6.5 Essential Training Part 2.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll explain…DRS Virtual Machine and group affinity rules.…When we enable DRS on a cluster of ESXi hosts,…we're going to allow DRS to automatically…take virtual machines and move them around.…And this could potentially create some unexpected results.…So for example, in our slide here we see…four ESXi hosts, and we have two domain controllers…running as virtual machines, and at the moment,…they're on different ESXi hosts.…
When we enable fully automated DRS,…we're going to allow virtual machines…to be automatically vMotioned from host to host.…So we have the possibility that domain controller two…and domain controller one could end up…on the same ESXi host.…And if that ESXi host were to fail,…well, now we've lost both of our domain controllers.…So when we automate certain things like DRS,…when we allow virtual machines…to be automatically moved around,…we may need to think about what could potentially go wrong,…and create some rules that govern this behavior.…
An anti-affinity rule would force these virtual machines…
- Configuring vMotion and Storage vMotion
- vSphere High Availability (HA)
- Setting DRS rules and automation levels
- Fault tolerance
- DRS data protection
- Troubleshooting vSphere
- Monitoring vSphere
Skill Level Beginner
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMWare vSphere 6.5 New Featureswith Bill Ferguson2h 17m Intermediate
1. Administer Availability
2. Administer Resource Management Features
3. Troubleshooting vSphere 6.x
4. Monitoring vSphere 6.x
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.