- Overview of the vSphere Distributed Switch architecture
- Creating a vSphere Distributed Switch
- Configuring a distributed switch
- Managing distributed switch traffic
- Managing VDS health and recovery options
- Monitoring VDS traffic
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] As vSphere environments grow, managing virtual networking with standard switches can become cumbersome. vSphere distributed switches allow an administrator to manage the entire data center with a single switch. Distributed switches provide new options for configuring your virtual networks, as well as new monitoring and recovery options. I'm Brandon Neill, and in this course, I'll describe the architecture of a distributed switch and how it differs from a standard switch. I'll discuss new options for VLAN tagging, including private virtual LANs, I'll cover advanced features, such as LACP and Network I/O Control version three, and new health and recovery options, including network health check, back-up and restore of distributed switches, and rollback and recovery.
I'll wrap up discussing monitoring options, including netflow, and distributed switch port mirroring. Let's get started!