"Hello World" is often used to illustrate the basic syntax of a programming language for a working program. In this course you are using it to create a first tvOS project and also talking about dark mode because many people are big fans of late night television and the all-white user interface of the Apple TV can be blinding to look at right after you watched The Dark Knight.
- [Instructor] Imagine you're watching…a very dark movie late at night…and you come back from that movie…and you're seeing this simulator screen on your Bit TV.…What we have here is the Apple TV simulator…and I can go through these different apps…using my arrow keys.…What I want to show you right now before we go into details…about this simulator is the light and dark mode…because Apple TV or tvOS comes with a dark mode…that you can choose from the Settings app, in General…and then we find the Appearance option right here.…
I can choose from the light version that we see right here…and the dark version which is kind of easier to the eye…when you're coming from a dark movie late at night…or if you have the lights off in your living room…and you have not such a bright screen…that shines through your eyes.…What we want to do now is create a traditional Hello World…application so I'm going to bring up Xcode here…and we're creating a light and a dark Hello World version.…So let's press cmd + shift + n on the keyboard…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Apple watchOS 3 App Developmentwith Steven Lipton2h 41m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.