Hello World is often used to illustrate the basic syntax of a programming language for a working program. In this course, you use it to create a first tvOS project. This video discusses dark mode—because many people are big fans of late night television—and the all-white user interface of the Apple TV can be blinding to look at right after you watched The Dark Knight.
- [Narrator] tvOS offers to you two appearance modes:…a light appearance and a dark appearance.…And especially the dark experience…or the dark mode experience is great…when you imagine watching a movie late at night…and maybe the movie was also a little bit darker,…like a sci-fi movie and if you're returning back…to the home screen and seeing this dim, dark mode,…then this is a lot nicer to the eye,…but since we're already here and having a look…at this dark mode and the simulator,…let's also talk a little bit…about how to navigate the simulator.…
You've already seen that I've just went up…and down here a little bit.…I can use my arrow keys on the keyboard for that.…And to go back what I can do…if I'd like to use my keyboard is just press Command+Shift+H…on my keyboard, which is the same…as pressing menu on the Apple TV remote,…which you can see on the left.…And to actually get this Apple TV remote to appear,…what you can do is when the simulator is activated…you can just press Command+Shit+R to open…and close or show and hide the Apple TV remote…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.