Discover how to develop an app for Apple TV. Learn how to use Apple frameworks and technologies to start and complete your first app on the Apple tvOS platform.
- [Instructor] Apps have liberated television, and they are more and more changing the way we use our living room TVs. That is why I'm so excited to help you being a part of this transition where apps are in the center of attention. I am Brian Advent, and I've been working as a developer, especially in the Apple ecosystem for almost a decade now; and in this course, I'll show you the essential technical and design aspects for tvOS. We will then create an immersive Apple TV app from start to finish, which includes working with layered images and the Apple TV top shelf.
In that process, you are going to explore how tvOS development differs from what you might already know from iOS and what is basically the same. I'm very excited to familiarize you with tvOS development, so let's get started.
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon