The UISplitViewController is very useful for Master-Detail scenarios. You frequently use them when working together with TableViews, since it allows a clean and easy way to display data. Learn how to use the UISplitViewController to display a TableView (Master ViewController) that shows the dates for the weather forecast. The Detail ViewController displays the forecast for a selected date.
- [Instructor] Using a tab bar controller…is pretty common on tvOS,…because it gives you a great way to distinguish…between different app features,…so is also different master-detail scenarios…that you'll know from iOS development.…And what we want to do here…is implement a master-detail scenario…by using a split view controller for our second tab.…So to add a split view controller,…all I have to do is press command shift L on my keyboard…to open up my object library enter split,…and here we go,…we have the option for the split view controller,…and just drag and drop that to my view controllers…in my main storyboard and here we go.…
I get a lot of view controllers here actually,…as you can see,…we have four different view controllers here.…Actually, we have the split view controller,…we have an additional navigation controller,…we have a view controller, and a root view controller.…And we're going to need three of them, not all of them,…but three of them, and what we can do here…to organize this a little better is first of all…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.