The UISplitViewController class is a container view controller that presents a master-detail interface. The master is a TableView Controller storing all the dates with available weather forecast information. The secondary or detail view controller displays the actual forecast. The great thing about the UISplitViewController on tvOS is that both master and detail view controller can be displayed side by side, very similar to what you would expect on iPad or iPhone Plus models.
- [Instructor] In the current state…of our second tab, the city search,…we can already display different dates…for which we have weather forecast data…available, but what we cannot do yet…is selecting one of those dates…and display information.…And if you remember, when we create…the user interface we set up…a split view controller which is great…because we can display information side-by-side…here from two different view controllers.…On the left side we have a master view controller…which is a table view controller,…and if we click with a TV remote…on one of the cells,…we are triggering a segue…from the table view cell to…our right detail view controller…that displays the information.…
So this is pretty great,…pretty simple component here,…the split view controller,…and our mission now is to make this data transfer…happen and also to display the information…in our detail view controller.…And the way to do that is first of all…having a look at the search table view controller…and if you scroll down a little…until you reach these comments,…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.