Apple TV is designed for entertainment, not data entry. Since most people interact with Apple TV using a remote, not a keyboard, you should collect the minimum amount of information necessary. In this case, the name of city to retrieve the corresponding weather forecast. The UIKit component, which is already highly optimized for use on a TV, is a simple UITextField. CLLocation can reverse geocode to a city name so that you can simply search for geocoordinates to get the correct weather forecast.
- [Instructor] Our work in the your location tab…of our weather application is done,…and we have created a very immersive experience here…for an Apple TV application.…We have a great video background,…and I hope that as you have seen,…there are very many similarities between tvOS and iOS…in the way you're doing things.…Just the user interface differs a lot.…So, when it comes now to different kinds…of user interface elements,…there is this second view controller…where we need to deal with this text entry,…and with the UI text field that is associated with it.…
And although there is a difference,…for the user to input text, dealing with the text field…isn't really so different in comparison to iOS.…So, let's bring up Xcode again,…and now let's leave the YourLocationViewController…and head to the SearchTableViewController.…Since we're not leaving this file right now,…let's just make us some more space here,…and the first thing I'd like to do in this file…is to import Core Location again,…since we're needing it for geocoding…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.