TableViews are a great way to display data, not only on iOS devices. On Apple TV, TableViews are optimized to work seamlessly with the focus engine. That makes it easy for the user to determine which cell is currently focused, and act accordingly. If you are already familiar with TableViews on iOS, displaying the available dates for the weather forecast is going to be a breeze, and if you are not yet familiar with TableViews you will be very excited to see how easily they can be implemented.
- [Instructor] Our next mission…is to populate this table view controller…from which you can't see anything at the moment.…The reason for that is because we…haven't configured it yet,…and what we want to place there…is the dates for which we can get a weather forecast.…And if we have a look at our storyboard…one more time, if you remember,…when we created this table view…or when we configured this cell,…then we also gave this cell a reuse identifier.…Table view controllers are great…because they're pretty damn fast,…and the system reuses the cells…even if they're off screen.…
So, they're going to be repopulated…with data and the system takes complete care of that.…So let's just quickly have a look…at how we can populate this table view.…I've opened up the search table view controller again,…and as you can see, this is a UI…table view controller subclass.…An X-code automatically created…a lot of template code for us that we can use.…There are three functions that are very important for this.…One is the delegate function,…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
What makes tvOS special?3m 35s
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.