ViewControllers manage the different User Interface (UI) components that you need for your User Interface. If you worked on iOS Apps before, you are already familiar with that concept. tvOS also relies on the UIViewController class, which makes it very easy to create your UI in Interface Builder. On Apple TV, it is very common to use different tabs for different app functions. So, you are building your weather app upon the UITabBarController.
- [Instructor] To get started with our weather application,…let's bring up Xcode and create a new project…by pressing Command + Shift+ N on the keyboard.…And in this scenario, we're not going to…use a single view application.…Because when we have a look at our weather application…in its finished state, then you can see…that at the top we have indeed…two view controllers, not just one.…And this means that a tab bar controller…is a good solution for us to achieve this…and to give our app two distinct functionalities.…
And what we have here, in particular,…is the first view controller is…just an ordinary view controller.…But the second one is a so-called split view controller.…You're going to learn about…that a lot more in a later video,…but for now, let's just focus on the fact…that this is a tab bar controller.…And this also means that we do not have to use…the single view application…and implement this tab bar controller ourselves,…but instead, we can use the tab application and hit next.…And call our application weather.…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.