TableViewControllers and TableViews are a great way to display information not only on iOS but also on tvOS. This video uses TableViewController in a Master-Detail scenario to select a weather forecast for a specific date and a city selected by the user. For user input, you can use a simple text field that performs a little different to what you might be used to on iOS.
- [Instructor] I have opened up the main storyboard file…again of our application…and we have already completed working…on our first view controller, which is…the Your Location view controller in the last video.…And now we are moving on to the master…detail view controller with the table view…and our detail view controller here…on the very right of our view controller scene.…But, before we move to that, let's have a look…at our tab bar control, and as you can see,…we have two items here.…The first one is named First and the second one…is named Item, and we want to change that.…
So, what I'm going to do is selecting…the First view controller and opening up…the document outline by clicking on the…lower left corner of your screen,…and what I have here is the First view controller…now at the very top.…And there we will find the item First, which is…our name for this tab in our tab bar controller,…and I can just rename that in the attributes inspector…here on the right, and I'm going to give that…the title Your Location.…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
What makes tvOS special?3m 35s
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.