In the session phase, your app can perform direct communication to one or more peers within the session and therby data can be send from iOS to Apple TV. The framework also notifies your app through delegate callbacks when peers join the session and when they leave the session. If the app moves into the background, the framework stops advertising and browsing and disconnects any open sessions.
- [Instructor] The final step to make the connection…between an iOS device and our tvOS application possible…is the step of receiving data…and also sending data from kind of a companion app,…both of that, we're going to have a look at right now.…So, in our Weather application tvOS app,…we are going to add another property…in our YourLocationViewController…right above viewDidLoad.…I'm going to also add Mark here…on what's called this may be…Peer Network Property,…and this is going to be called peerService,…and I'm going to initialize that now…with our PeerNetwork Initializer.…
And by that, we are starting to advertise our Apple TV,…but we are also looking for devices nearby,…and if we find one,…we're also connecting to that automatically.…Now, how do we deal with actually receiving information,…so receiving location information?…And first, before we can do that,…let's go into viewDidLoad,…take our peerService property…and set its delegate to self…because, if you remember,…the PeerNetwork has the delegate protocol…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.