- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Apps have liberated television, and they are more and more changing the way we use our living room TVs. That is why I'm so excited to help you being a part of this transition where apps are in the center of attention. I am Brian Advent, and I've been working as a developer, especially in the Apple ecosystem for almost a decade now; and in this course, I'll show you the essential technical and design aspects for tvOS. We will then create an immersive Apple TV app from start to finish, which includes working with layered images and the Apple TV top shelf.
In that process, you are going to explore how tvOS development differs from what you might already know from iOS and what is basically the same. I'm very excited to familiarize you with tvOS development, so let's get started.
Learning Apple watchOS 3 App Developmentwith Steven Lipton2h 41m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.