Having a way to get the users current location is great but you also need a way to display that information back to the user. Since coordinates are not the preferred way to communicate a location in a weather app you are using the CLGeocoder class to translate 2D coordinates into a humanly readable city name.
- [Instructor] We have already done a great job…with Location services.…We're adopting the CLLocationManagerDelegate.…We are satisfying it by dealing with didFailWithError,…with didChangeAuthorization…and now also with didUpdateLocations.…This function we're going to use to update…our user interface.…For example, to update the Your Location label here…to get a really city name for that,…and later also to update the weather information…throughout this user interface.…
This function is always called…when they are location updates.…And the important thing is when it was called the first time…that we actually tell the Location Manager…to stop updating locations…because now we have a location.…We no longer need any updates…and this just says a sum performance here.…After we did that using the manager that was passed along…as an argument to this function,…we can actually check if we have a location object.…So we're using if let statement here,…creating the locationObject and using the array…that we have of locationObject,…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
What makes tvOS special?3m 35s
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.