The top shelf can either display a static image or it can be interactive. While a static top shelf image only requires you to add an image to your assets folder you need to add a TV Service Extension as a new target to your project. With this extension comes a new class called ServiceProvider which you can use, for instance, to decide if you want to display items that take up most of the area of the Top Shelf or smaller ones that can also be divided into different sections. You can also define the shortcut items that you want to provide.
- [Instructor] We already talked about…the different sizes and requirements…for the top shelf images.…I showed you the tvOS human interface guidelines…and where you can download the templates.…And this now is such a Photoshopped template…with a great icon or image for our top shelf.…And as you can see, in the layers section here in Photoshop,…we have four different layers…that I can activate or de-activate.…And this is one of the two images…that we are going to use,…and you'll find them in your Exercise Files…in the section for this video,…and there you will find a TopShelfImages folder,…where you can find both top shelf images as PSDs.…
We're not going into detail on how to create these images,…but how we can use these PSDs,…in order to use them in Xcode.…And I already opened up this Parallax Previewer App…that you should also download from the resources section…as I've showed you in the last video.…And then what we can do,…is drag and drop one of these images…into this previewer.…And this gives us the citySearch image…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.