The Explore California Demo API allows you to request random weather forecast data programmatically. To be able to process this data more easily and efficiently you are going to be provided with some helper classes and structs that need to be integrated into the Xcode project, so that you can completely focus on creating a truly immersive Apple TV app without having to worry about the details of the weather API.
- [Instructor] We are currently in the process…of building a weather application,…but we did not talk about where we get the information from…that we're going to display.…So where is the description coming from?…Where is the temperature coming from? And so on.…And this is what we're going to have a look at right now.…So what we can work with here…is a demo API that was built for us by Lynda…and this is the format that this API returns.…This is just some JSON code…and we also have a demo base URL here,…by a service from Lynda,…which is called Explore California.…
And the Base URL for our API…is explorecalifornia.org/api/weather.…And we're going to use this API,…which delivers fake weather information to us,…to display that information in our application.…So we want to keep that as real as possible.…But since we want to focus on Apple TV development here,…we do not need to concern ourselves…on how actually we access this API…and what is going on in the process…and how can we convert this JSON code…into something that we can work with.…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
What makes tvOS special?3m 35s
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.