Interface Builder allows us to create a user interface without having to write a single line of code. To use the components that you have already added however, you need to connect them with the appropriate classes. This means that you are also required to add some new ViewController subclasses to your project.
- [Instructor] So far, we already have a great…user interface but no way to add some real code…to give our app functionality.…This is going to change now because we're adding…three subclasses and we're connecting our…user interface to these Swift files.…First of all, we already have a FirstViewController.…We could rename it or we just delete that one.…This is going to be the view controller for your location…that is going to display the user's current…location weather forecast, and I'm going to select…my AppDelegate.swift file so that when I create a new file…that it's added right below that.…
I'm pressing command on the keyboard now…and I'm adding a new Cocoa Touch Class here.…This first one is going to be YourLocationViewController…and this is going to be a subclass of UIViewController.…So, I hit next and create that one.…Just make sure that you activate weather as a target here…so that this class is added to our project…and now let's add another one, which is going to be…for our table view controller, so I'm hitting next here…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Apple watchOS 3 App Developmentwith Steven Lipton2h 41m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.