Before you can send data from your iOS device to Apple TV it needs to be discovered and connected. The Multipeer Connectivity framework uses two phases: the discovery phase and the session phase. Once a peer accepts an invitation, a connection is established and the session phase begins.
- [Instructor] Now to really start working…with our peer network class, let's…have a look at the initializer right…here that we're overriding, and what we have to do…is still configuring our service…advertiser and the service browser.…So first of all, we have our service…advertiser, which we are going to initialize…with MC nearby service advertiser,…and this is going to receive our current peer ID.…We do not need a discovery info, but it…is going to receive our service type, and also…let's use the service browser,…also MC nearby service browser,…and initialize this with our peer ID…and our service type, very simple,…and then we can just initialize, or…call super init off our class,…and then we can continue with configuring…our advertiser and our browser.…
So let's start with the advertiser.…Again, set the delegate to self,…and then we can use our browser…service advertiser, and then use start advertising peer.…And as soon as we did that, we are…now showing ourselves with our peer ID…and our service type, two devices nearby,…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
What makes tvOS special?3m 35s
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.