Apple TV apps should deliver an immersive experience, which often requires enriching your apps with artwork and other assets. Our weather app for instance uses weather icons and background videos to communicate different weather conditions. Assets and other resources can either be packed into the tvOS app bundle (which needs to be < 4GB), this is what you are going to do, or they can be provided as On-Demand resources, which can be downloaded from Apple servers if necessary.
- [Instructor] As you know, Apple TV apps…should deliver an immersive experience…and we're going to add some assets now…that will help us to make this immersive…experience a reality.…And to do that, please open up the exercise files folder…and in the folder for this video,…section two, video four, what we have is a assets folder…that brings you all of the videos…and the weather icons that we're going to use.…So we have videos for different weather conditions,…like cloudy, or rain, snow, storm, and sun.…
And we also have weather icons…that will display the user with…the current weather condition.…So we have icons for cloudy, rain, snow, and so on…and we're going to add these assets now…to our Xcode project.…So I'm going to bring up Xcode here again…and what we need to do is…open up the assets folder right here.…And we will find a first and a second image…for our tab bar controller here.…We can delete first and we can also delete second…just by clicking on them and hit the backspace key.…
And then all we need to do to add our icons,…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.