You know that tvOS apps should establish a connection between the app itself and the user. This connection starts with the app icon. So tvOS app icons must have between two and five layers to create a sense of depth and vitality as your icon comes into focus. App icons must be submitted in two sizes, both with the same aspect ratio. A smaller one is used for the Apple TV Home screen, the larger version is used by the App Store.
- [Instructor] If you think about what is missing…for our application, then it is clearly…the app icon, which also should be…a nice Parallax app icon.…And the way we create that is very simple.…We bring up the Parallax previewer again…and in your exercise files, in the folder…associated with this video, you will find…another folder called app icon psd…and we can simply drag and drop…this psd back into our Parallax previewer…and there is our app icon, very nice.…
We can play this again.…Looks really good and inviting to the user.…And all we need to do again is export that…using File Export and exported as an LSR file.…I already did that, save that.…Cue my desktop and I am bringing up my X code project…one more time, which is our weather application.…And what we need to do here is…going back into the assets folder…and here you'll find app icon and top shelf images.…This would also be the place where you could…add a static image for the top shelf image…and top shelf image wide but we chose the dynamic version.…
And there is also some space for the app icon.…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.