tvOS provides you with a large set of UI components. This projects iuses a whole bunch of UIKit components like Buttons and even UIVisualEffectViews, which lets you add blur or vibrancy effects to your app. All the components are added using Interface Builder and Storyboards. The process of setting up a user interface for tvOS is very similar to setting up interfaces on iOS or macOS.
- [Instructor] Now that we have added all the assets that…we need to create our application, we can start on building…our immersive user interface, which I'm going to show you…right now.…So this is the Your Locations tab that we are going to…create, and as you can see there are actually just a…few labels, we have one button that allows us to switch…through the days, we have two image views, one for the…icon, one to divide these two lower sections,…again, a label, and we have this nice visual effects view…that blurs a little bit of our video in the background.…
So, this is what we're trying to achieve.…So let's open up our project,…and I've only opened my main storyboard,…and I'm going to zoom in to our first view controller…right here, the See Your Locations tab,…and we're going to start with adding a label,…press command + shift + L, to bring up the object library,…and I've already got a label here so I'm going to drag it…right into my user interface, it's going to be…Your Location labeling, now we're going to make just a few…
- The Siri remote
- The focus model
- Adding video assets and imagery
- UIKit components
- Location services
- Accessing a Web API
- Enabling the top shelf and layered images
- Setting up shortcuts
- Communicating with URL schemes
- Adding a layered app icon
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing tvOS Development
2. Your First tvOS App: Build the UI
3. Your First tvOS App: Add the Logic
4. Multipeer Connectivity
5. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.