- Exploring the Pro Tools interface
- Selecting inputs, outputs, and busses
- Understanding signal paths and gain stages
- Setting up Pro Tools hardware and software properly
- Importing audio from multiple sources
- Recording and editing audio and MIDI
- Adjusting time, tempo, meter, key, and chord in arrangements
- Mixing and mastering a session
- Setting up an effects loop
- Importing and displaying video
- Adding music, Foley, ADR, and FX
- Archiving a session
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm David Franz. Welcome to Pro Tools 10 Essential Training. In this course, I'll unveil the inner workings of the industry standard software for music and post-production, including all the concepts and techniques necessary for recording, editing, mixing, and mastering in Pro Tools. Specifically, I'll cover how to set up your Pro Tools studio and explore all facets of the Pro Tools interface. I'll show you how to record and edit audio and MIDI in a Pro Tools session.
I'll explain how to work with virtual instruments, plug-ins, and video, as well as how to comp tracks with playlists, and import and export any kind of data into and out of your Pro Tools session. I'll also show you how to utilize Automatic Delay Compensation to keep your tracks time-aligned. Elastic Audio for time and pitch manipulation, and how to create a musical score with the Score Editor. Finally, I'll show you how to use Pro Tools for mixing and mastering, and how to archive a Pro Tools session for backup and storage.
This course is applicable to all versions of Pro Tools, and the techniques I teach in this course will show you how to use Pro Tools for any aspect of music and post-production. So let's dive in to the videos, and get started with Pro Tools 10 Essential Training.
Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Videowith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Learning the Interface
4. Recording Audio
5. Editing Audio
6. Arranging a Session
7. Recording MIDI Data
8. Editing MIDI
11. Mixing and Mastering
12. Working with Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.