- Understanding the basics of rigging
- Creating skeletons
- Modifying joint attributes
- Working with inverse kinematics and constraints
- Rigging characters
- Using Maya's new HumanIK skeletons/rigs
- Setting up an FK/IK switch
- Creating custom facial rigs
- Binding skin using Smooth Bind
- Painting and editing skin weights
- Using expressions to rig a character's mouth controls
- Controlling eye direction
- Finalizing a rig
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri, and welcome to Character Rigging in Maya. In this course, we're gonna start off with the basic introduction of rigging theory and then we're gonna dive into Maya's Skeleton tools. After that, we'll take a look at Inverse Kinematics and the various Inverse Kinematics tools, as well as Maya's Constraint tools, and put all those tools together to create a basic rig for your character. Then we're gonna start creating advance rigging controls, such as 4-Kinematics and Inverse Kinematics switches.
And then we're gonna take a look at facial animation. How to create simple eyes as well as how to create blend shapes for your characters. After that, we'll attach our character to the skeleton using Maya's Skinning tools. And finally we're gonna do some advance facial riggings, by creating a control panel to manipulate all of your character's expressions So let's go ahead and get started with Character Rigging in Maya.
1. Getting Started
2. Skeleton Tools
3. Inverse Kinematics
5. Creating Basic Rigs
6. Advanced Rigging Controls
7. Facial Rigging
8. Skinning Tools
9. Advanced Facial Rigging
10. Finalizing the Rig
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.