Up and Running with Tumblr
In this course, author Justin Seeley shows how to share content quickly and easily using the Tumblr microblogging platform. The course walks through creating an account, setting preferences, choosing a theme, and adding Facebook and Twitter integration, as well as creating audio, video, and text posts; building custom themes with CSS and HTML; and publishing posts remotely. The course also covers working with pages, creating page templates, and tracking blog traffic with Google Analytics.
- What is Tumblr?
- Touring the interface
- Exploring the Tumblr Blocks
- Creating a custom domain
- Understanding likes, reblogs, and notes
- Blocking and unblocking users
- Adjusting basic appearance settings
- Adding a logo
- Creating a post
- Editing multiple posts at once
- Inserting video and audio into pages
- Finding theme marketplaces
- Editing posts using HTML and markdown
- Adding comments with Disqus
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Justin Seeley. And I want to welcome you to Up and Running with Tumblr. In this course, we'll look at the basics of using Tumblr.com to quickly and easily share your content across the web. I'll start off by showing you how to register for it and set up your tumblr account. This includes filling out your profile. Naming your blog, and setting up some key preferences. Next we'll dive into your Tumblr blocks. SO that you're familiar with all of the different types of content that Tumblr has to offer. We'll see how to create and work with pages inside of Tumblr as well.
And I'll even show you how to create your own page templates on the fly. We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tips and tricks to help get you up and running with Tumblr as quickly as possible. Now let's get started.
Facebook for Photo and Video Pros160,032 Views
Flickr Essential Training161,790 Views
Up and Running with Online Social Video34,500 Views
Maximizing Your Web Video and Podcast Audience with Hypersyndication106,575 Views
Job Hunting Online176,562 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,996 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training631,228 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,538 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,930 Views